Gulf Star Karate Classes
Karate is a traditional Japanese martial art focused on improving physical, mental and emotional well-being along with self-defence skills.
Gulf Star Karate combines the traditional art of Karate with modern sport teaching techniques. We focus on the FUNdamentals of Karate emphasising on building confidence, respect, discipline, self-defence, balance and co-ordination in a very fun yet challenging way.
About our classes
Gulf Star Karate is a team of British coaches headed by Sensei Alex Gardner ‘3rd Dan’ World and European medalist.
The course plan covers the FUNdamentals of Karate through the 3 K’s; Kihon (basics), Kata (choreographed moves), Kumite (sparring) including Karate specific games and exercises to test both physically and mentally. Continually progressing the students through the belt grading system.
Karate Tots (3-5 years)
- Specifically designed 3-5 years grading syllabus
- Focused on discipline, confidence, co-ordination and self-defence
- Fitness, Fun and Friendship
Karate Kids (6-14 years)
- Traditional Karate grading syllabus leading to Black Belt.
- Kihon (basics), Kata (patterns/forms), Kumite (sparring)
- Build confidence, discipline and self-defence in a fun and friendly environment.
Where and When
Gulf Star Karate classes run at the following venues